A well-manicured lawn, however tiny it is, offers an oasis for relaxation. But regular yard maintenance can be a headache, especially if you don’t have the right tool for the job. Most often, lawn maintenance involves lots of trimming and edging. For this, you need a lawn edger. It not only gives your lawn a perfect and neat finish, but also a tidy border. And as the world shifts slowly to green energy, electric lawn edgers make the best choice. But our main question for the day is, what are the best electric lawn edgers for the money?
Well, choosing the best electric lawn edge trimmer can take a lot of time. Thus, to spare you the time, we took the liberty to pick the best models on your behalf. That said, here are the best electric grass edgers to consider.
Table of the Best Electric Lawn Edgers Reviews
Greenworks 27032 is one of the best edgers for small yards. It uses a powerful 12-amp motor, which makes light work of tough undergrowth. Also, it uses a 7.5-inch double-edged blade. Unlike a single-edged blade, it cuts at twice the speed. Not to mention, the blade is adjustable to different cutting positions. That makes it easier to get the overall look that you desire.
The spring-assisted front wheel enables you to adjust the cutting depth. Overall, this lawn edger cuts up to 1.5 inches deep. The shaft is extendable to suit your height. Plus, there’s a secondary handle that makes it easier to control the edger. Besides the front wheel, this lawn edger has two rear wheels that let you guide the machine. Furthermore, there’s a cord lock feature that keeps the power cord from disconnecting every few steps.
- 5-inch double-edged blade cuts faster to save time
- A spring-assisted front wheel provides an adjustable cutting depth of up to 1.5 inches
- Cord lock system prevents accidental disconnect
- Telescopic shaft adjusts to user’s height
9. Greenworks 40V Battery Cordless String Trimmer and Edger
Greenworks 21302 trimmer/edger gives you a cordless advantage. Once charged, you can use it anywhere. Not to mention, it’s pretty light weighing around 7.5 pounds with the battery. That makes this lawn edger one of the most portable models. Again, it’s a lot more versatile as it can do both trimming and edging. The 40-volt lithium battery runs for up to 60 minutes. Hence, the edger can cut up to 1/2 an acre on a single charge.
Moreover, it has a wider cutting blade of 13 inches. Thus, it clears a larger area with each pass. Plus, the cutting head pivots to 4 different positions. It enables you to edge and trim at different angles, up to 90 degrees. Furthermore, this lawn edger has two handles for better control.
- Two handles provide better control
- 40-volt lithium battery offers an impressive runtime of 60 minutes
- 4-position cutting head allows you to edge and trim at different angles
- A wider 13-inch cutting path clears more in less time
- Lightweight construction (7.5 pounds) minimizes user fatigue
8. BLACK and DECKER LE760FF 12 Amp Lawn Edgers – Trencher
The LE760FF is easily the best-selling model, and for a good reason. Though most edgers are rated 12 amps, this one delivers more torque. Hence, it makes quick work of tough undergrowth. Again, it has both edging and trenching modes. That means you get two functions in one machine.
The edger uses a 7.5-inch hardened steel blade. It’s resistant to corrosion and retains sharpness for longer. Based on your needs, you can adjust the blade to three cutting depths. At lowest, it cuts to 1.5 inches. Furthermore, there are two handles that provide good leverage as you work.
- 2-in-1 design for edging and trenching
- A double-handle design offers better leverage
- Corrosion-resistant hardened steel blade offers a longer service life
- Three depth settings enable you to control the cut
- Includes a bonus heavy-duty replacement blade
7. WORX WG896 12 Amp 7.5″ Electric Lawn Edgers/Trencher
Worx WG896 offers the functions of the Black and Decker LE760FF. But it does so for a pretty affordable price. The 12-amp motor packs enough power for edging and trenching. We love the cutting indicator, which is a rare feature at such a price range. As the name suggests, it lets you cut straight to create professional-looking lines and edges.
Moreover, this lawn edger uses a serrated steel blade to provide a clean cut. Also, the blade has a wear indicator. As such, you can easily tell when to replace it. Based on the task, it cuts down to 1, 1.25, or 1.5 inches. The edger has a telescopic shaft that enables you to work in a comfortable position.
- 2-in-1 functions (Edging and trenching)
- Pivoting D-grip handle offers better control at different cutting angles
- 3 depth settings (1, 1-1/4, and 1-1/2 inches) adjust to your needs
- The serrated steel blade delivers a clean cut
- Cutting line indicator enables you to edge on a straight line
6. Sun Joe SJEDGE7 Electric Wheeled Landscape Edger & Trencher
Sun Joe SJEDGE7 is another affordable lawn edger. Like most of the above products, it has both edging and trenching capabilities. It uses a 7.3-inch double-edged blade. Not only does it cut faster, but it also creates clean lines. Also, the blade offers an adjustable cutting depth of 0.33, 0.75, and 1.2 inches.
This lawn edger has adjustable ergonomic handles. They provide a comfortable grip, which gives you better control. As for the shaft, it extends from 2.5 to 2.9 feet. Thus, it can fit both tall and short users. Again, this lawn edger has three wheels that make it easier to manoeuvre.
- Double-edged blade creates clean lines
- Extendable shaft (2.5 to 2.9 feet) accommodates a wide range of users
- Three adjustable cutting depth of 1/3, 3/4, and 1-1/5 inches
- Doubles as a trenching tool to expand its uses
5. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools ED70012S Electric Lawn Edger
Scott is known for its innovative lawn and garden tools. This lawn edger is among its top inventions. We love how easy it is to put this lawn edger together. In fact, the entire process is tool-free. The motor draws 11 amps, enough to tackle tough edging tasks. Also, this lawn edger uses a 7.5-inch steel blade. Overall, it offers three depth settings of 1, 1.25, and 1.5 inches.
Like most products on our list, you can convert to a trencher. Moreover, it has a cut-line indicator. Thus, it offers precise edging and trenching. Furthermore, this lawn edger comes with a built-in cord retention hook. It keeps the power cord secure to prevent unplugging.
- Tool-free assembly makes it easy to put together
- Cutting edge guide allows for precise edging and trenching
- Three wheels improve stability and enable easy manoeuvring
- Cord retention hook avoid accidental unplugging
4. Ryobi P2300A ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Cordless Edger
So far, all the models we’ve looked at offer up to three depth settings. But this lawn edger goes the extra mile to provide 4 depth settings. Thus, it can easily accommodate all your needs. Again, it offers a cordless advantage. Using an 18-volt lithium battery, it can run non-stop for up to 40 minutes.
Also, this lawn edger uses a 9-inch serrated blade. Not only does it last longer, but it also provides a cleaner cut. Furthermore, Ryobi P2300A is among the lightest in its class. It weighs 10 pounds to minimize user fatigue.
- An over-mould handle ensures comfort from start to finish
- 4 depth settings to match all needs
- Serrated blade offers a longer service life
- The extended battery life offers up to 40 minutes run time
- Lightweight construction for effortless handling
3. BLACK+DECKER LE750 12 Amp Landscape Edger/Trencher
The LE750 has a lot to offer. Yet, it features among the most affordable models. It has a 2.25 hp motor that keeps your lawn perfectly manicured. Overall, the motor delivers 150 inch-pounds of torque. Such power gives it the ability to multitask. For instance, you can switch between edging and trenching modes.
This lawn edger has three depth settings. Hence, it gives you total control as you work. Moreover, the LE750 is the lightest among corded lawn edgers. It weighs 12 pounds, making it two pounds lighter than most counterparts. Again, it comes with built-in cord retention to keep the power cord secure.
- 25 hp motor offers impressive torque of 150 inch-pounds
- 2-in-1 design enables you to switch from edging to trenching
- Built-in hook keeps the power cord from unplugging by accident
- 3-position blade gives you control over the cutting depth
2. BLACK+DECKER BESTA510 6.5 Amp Electric Trimmer/Edger
Of all lawn edgers on our list, this model is the least expensive. Even then, it offers cutting-edge features. It draws 6 amps, less than other corded models on our list. However, it offers a remarkable speed of 8000 rpm. Thus, it’s able to cut at a faster pace. Again, it has a 14-inch cutting path, one of the largest in its class.
As you might have expected, this lawn edger is pretty light. At 3 pounds, it’s by far the lightest on our list. So, handling is quite effortless, even for those that are not physically fit. Moreover, this lawn edger doubles as a string trimmer.
- 2-in-1 design doubles as a string trimmer
- Ultra-light construction (3 pounds) makes it effortless to handle
- Extra-large cutting path (14 inches) cuts more in less time
- High-speed motor (8000 rpm) enables you to work at a faster pace
1. Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
Toro 51480 is currently among the best-sellers. Thanks to a 5 amp motor, it doesn’t draw a lot of power. Yet, it has impressive power output. Thus, it can perform both edging and trimming tasks. Again, it converts from one mode to the next in seconds.
The telescopic shaft is a huge plus. It offers extended reach and comes in durable but light aluminium material. Furthermore, this lawn edger has an extra-wide cutting path. It measures 14 inches, which gets the job done faster.
- Extra-large cutting head (14 inches) gets the job done faster
- Aluminium telescopic shaft offers extended reach
- Ergonomic assist handle keeps comfortable and balanced
- Converts to a trimmer in seconds