Charcoal is known to be one of the greatest active ingredients in skincare products. It contains detoxifying properties that effectively treat troubled skin, especially acne, oily, or dry sensitive skin. Due to its benefits, it was made into the bar of soap. Thus, you might find a lot of activated charcoal soaps available from many different brands today so we understand that finding the best one for you may not be at all an easy task. So, let’s take a look at the reviews of these charcoal soaps from 10 different brands and find out which one suits your skin most.
Our List of Top 10 Best Charcoal Soaps on Amazon:
10. Grandpa’s Soap Co. – Face & Body Charcoal Soap Bar
Enriched with vitamins and mint oils, this activated charcoal bar soap from Grandpa’s Soap Co. targets oily and combination skin types to detoxify congested pores while also restoring the skin’s clarity. The soap is suitable for both the face and body. Moreover, it comes in a pack of 3, so you get to give your skin the care it needs equally. The best part about Grandpa’s Soap Co. is that their products are environmentally-friendly and cruelty-free so that you can shop with confidence.
- Free of toxic ingredients
- Recyclable packaging
- Certified gluten-free
- The peppermint smells might be too sensitive for some
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
9. Nextrino Activated Charcoal Soap with Tea Tree and Peppermint
Nextrino activated charcoal soap contains tea tree and peppermint essential oils which are refreshingly perfect for sporty active people. This rejuvenating charcoal bar soap is handmade with all-natural organic ingredients and vegan-friendly. The combination of tea tree and peppermint gives off a light scent and a refreshingly cool sensation after every use. In addition, not only does it cleans the skin well but also leaves your skin feeling soft as well since it also contains coconut oil.
- Specifically suitable athletes and active people
- Light scent
- Gentle for both face and body skin
- Leaves residues that might stain bathtub or shower
- Bar soap does not last very long
8. Southern Natural Activated Charcoal Soap Bar with Dead Sea Mud
For those with sensitive and acne-prone skin, finding a good cleanser is an extra tough task. Southern Natural charcoal soap is good for dry and sensitive skin that needs gentle cleanse and natural detox. The soap contains activated charcoal, dead sea mud, olive oil, coconut oil, sustainably-sourced palm oil, goat’s milk, and peppermint, eucalyptus, & rosemary essential oils which are all-natural ingredients. The mentioned ingredients are well-known for its moisturizing properties which can effectively soothe dry skin.
- Moisturizes and prevents breakouts
- Lathers well and last long
- No staining residues
- Light scent
- Not vegan-friendly
- Bundle price is a bit higher than other brands
7. ONE NATURALS Activated Charcoal Soap Bar with Peppermint Oil
One Naturals charcoal peppermint soap is claimed to be suitable for all skin types. The soap is made with cold-pressed, vegan, sustainably-sourced palm oil, and all-natural ingredients. Containing no harmful ingredients, this charcoal soap is suitable for both the face and body. The peppermint ingredient is known to be effective against acne and soothingly rejuvenates your skin. It is also fragrance-free which is a plus.
- Cruelty-free, toxins-free, and fragrance-free
- For all skin types
- Contains jojoba oil and shea butter for moisturizing properties
- Light peppermint smell
- Leaves black residue stains
- The scent doesn’t last long
6. Viking Revolution Activated Charcoal Soap with Dead Sea Mud
Viking Revolution charcoal soap is 100% natural and organic. Its main ingredients are activated charcoal, dead sea mud, peppermint, and eucalyptus which are effective in cleansing and detoxifying the impurities in the congested pores leaving skin cleaned and fresh. Additionally, Viking Revolution charcoal soap comes in a 7oz bar which is rather bigger than most other brands.
- Conveniently replaces mud mask for blackheads & whiteheads removal
- Natural scent of peppermint and eucalyptus
- Cleans well without drying out the skin
- Lathers well
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Soap doesn’t last too long despite its big size
5. Keika Charcoal Soaps
Keika charcoal soap is handmade with 100% vegan, chemical-free, and non-GMO ingredients. It’s specifically great for oily and sensitive skin as it also contains tea tree. Moreover, Keika does not use any artificial fragrance for their charcoal soap, it only has a light scent of therapeutic-grade peppermint and tea tree essential oil. What makes Keika special is that they have partnered with an American NGO to plant a tree per one soap sole. That means you are also contributing to the environment with your purchase.
- Environmentally-friendly, cruelty-free, and vegan
- Generous size
- Lightly scented with no artificial fragrances
- One soap = One tree contribution
- Might be a bit dry for the first few uses
- Not really effective in improving troubled skin as claimed
4. One with Nature Dead Sea Salt Charcoal Soaps
One with Nature charcoal soap is enriched with the activated charcoal and dead sea mineral salts that aim to deep cleanse and restore the skin’s natural PH level leaving skin soft and cleansed. It also contains Shea Butter, Argan oil, sustainably-sourced palm oil, and essential oils for fragrance as well. With its all-natural ingredients, the soap is suitable for people of all ages and genders. Moreover, the soap also has antibacterial property which is a plus and ensures you leave the shower freshly cleaned every time.
- Good value bundle for 3-pack face and body soap
- Gluten-free, cruelty-free, non-GMO, and 100% natural
- Good for combination skin type
- Cleanses well and gentle on skin
- Has a pleasant smell of essential oils
- Relieves skin problems like eczema quite well
- Does not lather much
- Leaves black stain
3. The Yellow Bird Activated Charcoal Soaps
This moisturizing and detoxifying charcoal soap from The Yellow Bird is specifically for combination, sensitive, and normal skin types. Beside activated charcoal, it also contains shea butter which is a great ingredient known for its ability to get rid of impurities, clear blemishes, and leaving your skin moisturized. Moreover, the soap also contains lemongrass and lavender as well. Lemongrass is effective in soothing irritations while also keeping the pores clear giving your skin a natural glow. Meanwhile, lavender has the antibacterial property to keep your skin clean always and also offers a therapeutically pleasant scent as well.
- Contains natural botanical oils and moisturizing ingredients
- Doesn’t contain synthetic ingredients
- Free of paraben and sulfate
- Plastic-free packaging
- The lemongrass scent might be overwhelming to some
- The soap breaks off easily
- Not a replacement for acne treatment products
2. Art of Sport Charcoal Soap Bar
Specifically targets sporty people, this activated charcoal soap from the Art of Sport aims to give your body and facial skin an extra freshness with its enrich hydrating and moisturizing ingredients. The combination of activated charcoal and shea butter works wonders in deep cleansing and moisturizing the skin leaving it fresh and soft. It also contains tea tree oil which is a great ingredient for hypoallergenic and soothing irritations, specifically perfect for athletes or active people. Additionally, it contains vanilla and cedar fragrance which is pleasant and masculine, suitable for sporty men.
- Dermatologist tested
- Free of sulfates, parabens, alcohol, and phthalates
- Cleanses and rinses well
- Lathers well
- Contains fragrance
- The scent doesn’t last long
- The bar is rather small (3.75oz)
1. Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
When it comes to skincare and cosmetic products, Biore never fails to make it to the list. Its Pore Penetrating charcoal soap is well-known for its cleansing and exfoliating performance. It’s enriched with activated charcoal, Jojoba beads, and peppermint oil that are effective in deeply cleanses your pores and draw out the impurities twice better than a normal cleanser leaving your skin smooth. This one is ideal for oily and sensitive skin and gentle enough to be used twice daily for body and face cleansing.
- Mild minty scented
- Deep cleanses without drying skin, good for oily and combination skin
- The bar lasts quite long if stored properly in a dry place
- Contains tiny scrub that might scratch your skin, so make sure to wet the soap well before use
- Not suitable for dry skin
Good cleansing is an essential step in a skincare routine to ensure your skin is free of dirt, impurities, and makeup residues, and allow your skin to absorb other skincare products well for better results. That’s why choosing a good and suitable cleanser is important.
A good cleanser should clean your skin off all impurities without excessively dry out your natural moisture and causing your skin to dry. Though these charcoal soaps have the same active ingredient, which is activated charcoal, they still contain different other ingredients that are meant to tackle different skin types and skin concerns. Some of those ingredients may benefit or worsen your skin condition. Therefore, identifying your skin type and what it needs will make it easier for you to find the best charcoal soap for your skin.
- Best Natural Conditioners and Shampoos for Cat and Dog in 2022
- Top 12 Best Under Eye Masks in 2022 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Hair Masks for Damaged Hair in 2022 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Blackhead Extractor Vacuums
- Top 10 Best Diving Hoods